Monday, May 16, 2011

And after 30hrs of no sleep and some delirium....

Ugh, I hate flying. I made a booboo when choosing the seats on the flight to Germany on Lufthansa. I also now agree that they do not serve good food. The plane is nice and new and stuff, but I think airline food in general sucks so far. I have yet to be convinced otherwise. Cramped is the best word I can use to describe the seats. They pack you in like sardines. Even mom who is much much smaller than me was like, ok...this is tight. I did choose better locations on the flights coming home. It is what it is.

The flight itself left JFK an hour late, which made it interesting cause we only had a 50min layover in Munich. Suffice to say, we missed our connecting flight. :( Stress levels rising, getting a little anxious and sweating, we head back to the cust serv desk and explain the dealio. We caught a flight that started boarding about an hour twenty five after the one we missed, sweeeeet! The guy at the desk was kind enough to let us use his phone to call Poland and let everyone who was picking us up of the new flight info. Caught them just in time cause they were just about to walk out the door.

Poland!!! We arrive in Warsaw, grab luggage and my what now seems to be customary "need to take a dump before I go anywhere, dump" lol Then we walk out and greeted by my cousins and an aunt. Hugs and kisses and greetings all around and now lets get to the car.

We drove over to their apt in Warsaw to chill and relax a bit and then have some lunch. I don't know if some of you are familiar with Polish food, but it is the bomb diggaty. This country is all about heartiness and flavor. Just super savory.

After lunch, we grab our stuff and then head out to their country house in Szrensk. It's a new build sitting on a beautiful piece of property, all passed on from family, and meet even more cousins! I have a lot of them. I don't even dare think how many I have out here. (just realized I can type a ton of stuff here, I'll try to keep it simple)
We all hung out a bit & toasted with some champagne, after we stepped outside a bit and I saw something just really uncommon to me. A group of cows from some far close by I assume were casually strolling down the street. Just walking and mooing. My cousin just looked at me and she said, "that's normal for here." I just go with the flow.



I passed out at about 10pm Sat night and woke up at 6am. Headed down to the kitchen to start processing some pics I had already taken. I was the first one up and chilling, then my aunt and then my cousin. She told me she saw the door to my bedroom ajar a bit and she quietly closed the door thinking I was still sleeping hehe. She came down to the kitchen and I was all like "GOOD MORNIN!" :) I had to nap about 2hrs after lunch cause the 'tired' was still lingering over my head. Feel better.

We went to visit another cousin right next door and sat with her family to shoot the breeze. I love hearing my mom talk about stuff cause sometimes I get to hear a little bit of the family dirt. Great gossip especially when your family is pretty large.

Tomorrow, some sight seeing around mom's old hood and start taking some photos. Ooh, there will not be as many photos as I want posted. Turns out this netbook I borrowed doesn't have enough screen realty to allow me to run the apps I need for picture processing. I will have to make due with web tools and a much longer processing time, means more work when I get home. So...sorry there won't be as many pics as I'd like to post for ya'll. I'll do my best.

I'll catch you all up in a day or 2 and let you know what is going on and what I see. I hope any of my family that follows me on FB will read this.

Hey, if you follow this blog let me know by clicking the follow button in the upper right hand corner.

peace out

G

No comments:

Post a Comment